- This event has passed.
Breathing Beyond Bounds: Exploring the Dental and Airway Ramifications of Mouth Breathing
February 13 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Martha Macaluso, MLT, RDH, MSEd, Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist
This comprehensive exploration combines theoretical knowledge with practical applications, focusing on understanding the multifaceted impact of mouth breathing on oral health and overall well-being.
Participants will embark on an immersive journey through the physiological aspects of breathing patterns and their profound influence on oral structures, craniofacial development, and overall systemic health. Through a blend of an interactive lecture, case studies, and hands-on activities, students will gain insights into identifying, evaluating, and addressing the dental and airway
consequences associated with mouth breathing.
Attendees will be able to:
● Review the anatomy and physiology of breathing mechanisms
● Understand the effects of mouth breathing on dental occlusion, facial morphology, and craniofacial growth
● Familiarize themselves with various assessment and diagnostic techniques used for recognizing mouth-breathing patterns
● Gain knowledge on the link between mouth breathing and various dental and systemic conditions
● Learn strategies used for prevention, intervention, and management of mouth
● Use collaborative approaches among dental professionals and specialists in addressing airway concerns
Through this course, participants will emerge equipped with a deeper understanding of the dental
and airway implications of mouth breathing, empowering them to implement informed strategies
within their practice to enhance patient care and overall health outcome
On line registration closed
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org