The New Periodontal and Peri-implant Disease Classification System Celebrating Innovation in Client Care:
February 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Speaker: Anna Louise Tolan RDH
In November 2017, a select group of 110 Periodontists from the American Academy of Periodontology and the European Federation of Periodontists met in Chicago to update the 1999 classification of periodontal disease and conditions. Additionally, their goal was to develop a classification system of peri-implant disease and conditions. The New Periodontal and Peri-implant Disease Classification System was published in June 2018.
This session will present an exciting, innovative approach to assessing, understanding, communicating and ultimately more accurately diagnosing, periodontal and peri-implant disease and conditions.
As we improve our understanding of the disease and its progression, along with the risk factors involved, we can embrace this new system as it spotlights the complexities of the oral disease and the need for a more individualized multi-disciplinary treatment approach.
- Understanding the need and benefits of the new global system
- Explain the classification of systems for periodontal and peri-implant disease and conditions
- Identify risk factors that can influence the development of periodontal and peri-implant disease and conditions
- Understand the clinical components for the diagnosis of periodontal disease and conditions, including the new terminology of staging and grading
- Understand the clinical components for the diagnosis of peri-implant disease and conditions
- Apply the new system to case studies and envision how this will guide the RDH to enhanced individualized treatment for the client
A Cost will apply for members. $50.00 .
Course includes: mid morning nutritional break and lunch.